So…The Democrats want the IRS to have a new army of agents

Why can’t I find this video anywhere else besides Facebook? There is a good reason the American people do not trust their government. I rarely post articles like this but these Senators are obviously being contacted by concerned citizens that are sickened by the size of the Government and intrusion into personal lives.
The fact that inflation is at the highest rate in 40 years means that we can’t just cavalierly continue squeezing the American public and future generations.
I have always thought that our financial problems are just a consequence of our spiritual problems.
They are having another debt limit vote today. Sometimes I think many of our “leaders” are determined to break us. Is it intentional? I don’t know but some think that the American people have no limit of resources to fund a government larger than we already have. I have news for those people…they are living in a different world than I.
CR

19 Responses to So…The Democrats want the IRS to have a new army of agents

1. Tom says:

Hi Chris. Our county here in Western New York has the distinction of having the highest property taxes in the nation. My wife and I pay $7K per year and our humble abode is hardly a mansion. On top of that is the high 8% local sales tax and the high annual state tax. As a result of the high taxes (and challenging weather) no one wants to live here. A significant number of residents have moved out. No CEO in his right mind would relocate his company here. Western New York is an economic dead zone. We have great colleges here, but no place to get a job after graduation.
    I definitely agree with the Republican ideal of less government and less taxes, however, when Republicans have had the majority in county government, no significant changes were made.

• Chris says:

Ugh…a sorry distinction indeed. Because Hot Springs is a tourist town, our county sales taxes are actually higher than yours but our property taxes are less than half or yours.
      I agree that the Republicans failed to do enough to stop the spending when they were in power as well, but I am glad that they are now in control of my state which once was dominated by democrats. I have to admit that the democrats then were tame compared to what we have now particularly on social issues. Here is what happened just recently in Arkansas:

• Tom says:

Congrats on the tax cut! New York State is taxing itself right out of existence.

• Chris says:

Thanks, Tom. I don’t know that much about New York but it is sad to hear that people are having to deal with that kind of taxation anywhere. I grew up in the wonderful state of California but I am so glad that I left it 25 years ago. Leaders there seem to be so out of touch with the average person. Some people there who have full time jobs are homeless because the cost of living is so high. I have no idea how the vast majority of young people in places like the big cities in California are going to be able to afford to live an average life.
          In my lifetime the cockeyed focus on material things has come back to bite us. Habitual violation of the tenth commandment is a huge part of the problem in my opinion.
          If it wasn’t for the massive federal debt, I would be more hopeful that things could turn around. It’s sad that we are in such a deep hole.
          I pray for generations to come. I am so thankful for the freedoms I have that were handed to me by past generations. I appreciate simple things like being able to go where I want when I want.
          At the same time, I think we were heading backward before I ever got the chance to vote in 1976. The snowball was already moving downhill. I hope that young people don’t opt for socialism to “save” themselves from the avalanche that appears to be somewhere in the near future. A socialist America would only make things so much worse.
          Unless people go back to trusting in God and His Word, I think the days written about in Matthew 24 are not too far in the future.
          God’s blessings…

2. SLIMJIM says:

Yikes…so much for the propaganda lie “it will not cost you a penny!” but their action shows otherwise!

• Chris says:

Indeed, Pastor Jim. So many of our politicians tell lies today that I think the public’s view of them is at an all time low.
      When leaders lie, a nation is in trouble. So much for “Thou shalt not bear false witness.”

3. cheriewhite says:

Yeesh! I agree with you, Chris. Big Government is bad for everyone. It seems that the Democrats are breaking this country and I believe it’s deliberate because they’re proving themselves to be totalitarian tyrants. Many Republicans, on the other hand, are too chicken to stand up to the Dems. I’ve never in my life seen such out-of-control government spending in my life. It’s a good thing they didn’t pass the John Lewis bill or the 3 trillion dollar BBB bill through the Senate because things would’ve been a lot worse. We should continue to pray for our country and our government. Thank you so much for addressing these matters. God bless you.

• Chris says:

So glad to see your comment, Cherie. I have been posting about the national debt as long as I have been posting. I have never liked debt and think that one of the worse things we can do is leave debt to our children. I know it has been going on a long time now but never at this pace. I don’t see anyway our children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren will be able to pay for our excesses. I hate to think about what will happen when the bill becomes due.

The Democrats seem to think that money grows on trees and many of the Republicans seem to lean that way as well. It’s hard to believe some of the things the Dems and guys like Bernie Sanders are promising our young (and older) people. I remember the promises of our current president and he certainly hasn’t been able to deliver. Our political landscape has shifted so far to the left that I agree with you that we are in deep trouble. What used to be considered a liberal Democrat when I was a kid could easily be found among liberal Republicans today. I was glad to see that enough (yet so few) Democrats helped us avoid more trillions in debt. I have to give the Republicans credit that that they voted as a unit on these proposals. At the same time, I also think that the Republicans do not nearly expose how badly these Democratic efforts could come back to bite us. On size of government issues (among so many other things) the Republican platform is so much better. I wish they would stick up for themselves and their platform better.

One thing I see happening that is very unhealthy is the continued lowering standards of rhetoric on both sides of the isle. I used to think it was much more of an issue on the Democratic side but it is becoming widespread among average Republicans as well. There will be no communication or decent discussions unless both sides tone down the offensive language used when trying to make a political point. We need to relearn how to communicate with others even when we disagree with them.

Thank you for your kind comments, Cherie. With you I am praying for America.

God’s blessings…

• cheriewhite says:

Thank you so much, Chris. And I so agree with you that today’s democrat party isn’t the one from our parent’s generation. And the reason Sanders has made so many (empty) promises to the young is not that he intends on keeping these promises. People like him understand that the young generations have been in the world long enough not had enough life experiences yet to know the difference. But isn’t that the reason the Left targets the young to be their voter base. It’s a very clever move.

• Chris says:

Just think…Sanders got very close to being the Democratic nominee in 2016.
          All I want is someone who actually tries to follow much of the Republican platform and who actually acts presidential. It seems like those with those qualifications (I like Mike Pence) somehow never get the chance these days.

• cheriewhite says:

I know he did. And we’d be living under Socialism now if he had.

• Chris says:

Ugh…I hope the American people have enough sense that Sanders would have become a pretty unproductive president with hands tied by both parties because of his socialist ideas. There is no question that many, particularly young people who have not read up on the history of socialism, lean that direction. The day we become as socialist as our once fine neighbors to the south in Venezuela is the day I start looking to move to another country.

• cheriewhite says:

I think there are still enough people with smarts. Bernie will never make president. Most Americans don’t want Socialism and the young people who want it only do because they are lazy, entitled, and don’t want to work for anything. They are jealous of the successful and only want free stuff. Bit fortunately, they’re in the minority. Also, we’re still an armed nation so Socialism will never come here as long as we have our guns.

4. Chris says:

For sure. Bernie is 80 so that pretty much takes him out of the running. I also think that most Americans have it too good to want anything to do with socialism and I pray that it stays that way. Those who came before us worked too hard to defend the freedoms we have for us to just hand over our situation to someone like Hugo Chavez.
    At present we have just a few members of the DSA (Democratic Socialists of America) in Democrat positions. A lot of things need to change for us to completely lose it I think.
    Still some people consider the democratic party very socialist in some ways and I think it is true to some degree.