The Rapture – Four Most Common Possibilities in Less than 1 Hour

The other day I was talking to a young man about last days issues. It is a subject which is on the minds of many these days. The Rapture is one of the topics that usually comes up in such a discussion. Why spend time on the possibilities when someone with far more knowledge than I has made a concise video that does an excellent job of helping others understand the main four Christian views? Brother Dorgan not only describes the prospects, he does it in a very appropriate manner. He thinks that Christians should not be arguing over the different theories and his goal is to interest and inform those who never hear the topic discussed from their pulpits. He is not trying to convince anyone of his view (which he spends little to no time on in this video.)

I have studied this topic (the Rapture) enough to know that I do not hold a strong view in any direction. This video interested me enough to go on to view Mr. Dorgan’s next two sessions (where his view is spelled out) and I plan to eventually get to the final three sessions to complete the series.

I always appreciate kind, simple, and knowledgeable instruction. It is why I recommended this video to my young friend. If you are interested, I recommend it to you as well.

Chris Reimers

Currently, I hold to the “Pan-Trib” view. It will all pan out just the way God has planned it. In spite of my indecisiveness, I do think it is important to know the possibilities.

11 Responses to The Rapture – Four Most Common Possibilities in Less than 1 Hour

1. Tom says:

Thanks, Chris. I look forward to watching this. Some believers are really fascinated with eschatology and become very loyal to a particular view (and very critical of those who hold opposing views).

• Chris says:

You’re welcome, Tom. I have been interested in the subject since I read Hal Lindsey’s “Late Great Planet Earth” when I was 13. Off and on over the years I’ve studied the subject a bit.
      It is so true that many are very loyal to a particular view. The last part of your comment makes me think that you feel as I do that some take it too far. I’ve heard and read way too many uncivil arguments by believers over the years about which is the right view. It is why I really like this video. The spirit in which the teaching is done is the way all Christians should approach this subject. It’s only my opinion but some pastors give a very unbalanced amount of sermons about the subject in both directions. I think every Christian should be at least familiar with the most popular views whether they take a position or not, thus this short video. One can get an idea of the main views and not invest a lot of time if the subject doesn’t interest them much.
      I’m sure you well know that the disciples were interested. They asked Jesus, ““Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” Jesus gives them some interesting details and towards the end of Matthew 24 tells them: ““Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.”
      If Jesus told us to watch, then I think we should be doing that at least.
      Men who give prophecy updates can be interesting. The ones I’ve listened to over the years are usually supplementing sermons they or someone else preaches. Over the years, J.R. Church, Gary Stearman (he knows a lot about Israel), J.D. Farag, and John Haller are guys I have listened to quite a bit. I try to catch John Haller each week. He rarely speaks of his position on the rapture but his commentary is interesting (He is a lawyer by trade). I have listened to many others but I never did get interested in the “Left Behind” Series. Both of my kids (in their 20’s now) read almost everything written in the left behind series, even the paperbacks. They told me that a lot of the stuff in the paperbacks seemed very unrealistic to them.
      I always appreciate your comments Tom. May God continue to bless your family and your blogging. I hope your recent anniversary of blogging will inspire you to continue to do what you do.

• Tom says:

Thanks for the good comments, Chris. Yup, there is quite a bit in the Bible about end times prophecy, so it’s obviously not an unimportant subject. I’m not totally indifferent to eschatology because I actually do have a post on the drawing board slated for sometime in August.

2. Mannyr says:

Hi Chris, just a quick note to ask you when you have time stop by Cracked-pot.com and read and comment on this series on our progressive education system—-a real mess.
    your brother Mannyr

• Chris says:

You bet, Manny. I’ve already been to your blog and left a comment and it looks like it worked. For some reason, the last several times I’ve left comments on your blog, they disappeared. I do get emails when you have a new post but your posts are not showing up in my “Reader.” I am going to re-subscribe to your blog and see if that helps. I’m heading back now to read this interesting looking series.
      God’s blessings my friend…
      Also, your blog is not the only one I’ve had trouble leaving messages on so I think the problem is on my end.

3. Mannyr says:

I hold to your “Pan-Trib” view also. The Paul Dorgan videos are excellent.

• Chris says:

Thanks, Manny. I thought the content was great as well. I also appreciated Mr. Dorgan’s effort to keep the peace between Christians with all views. So many people make this such a divisive issue and there is no reason for it to be.
      I think the pan-trib view is gaining in popularity. It’s a reasonable position.

4. Kristi Ann says:

Hallelujah and Maranatha Amen!!

Love Always and Shalom, YSIC \o/